Ten Life Changing ACTS Of Faith For the New Year (12.31.11)
"that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein..." Joshua 1,8.
"The just shall live by faith."
Thus, faith is not just a noun, a belief, it is to be done.
So, faith is also a verb, and a gerund, and a participle. And you are a faither (or not), and faithing is how God brings the gracious change we say, and believe, we want.
1. Forgive everybody for everything, every day;
2. Think about the big picture of your life, and rank your blessings (you might want to mention your salvation by way of faith and the ongoing mercy of Jesus);
3. Take your eyes off being rich and "successful" and put them on Jesus and follow Him;
4. Ask outloud in Jesus NAME, and by agreement with everyone in your household (or prayer circle), for all your needs;
5. Find a way to express the Holy love of Jesus (intercede outside of their presence if you are met with hostility) to everyone around you, no exceptions, no excuses, no long faces (and no false piety and wanna be martyrdoms either);
6. Today is the Day that the Lord has made. Empty your garbage every day and let the past go;
7. Tell the gospel story to someone- even if you, and they, think they have heard it all before;
8. Give somebody a bible and don't expect anything in return;
9. Stop judging and hating others as if you have a memo from the Lord exempting you from the gospel;
10. Let God speak correction into three areas of your life- and then explicitly receive the corrections. Then let your pastor speak one more correction. Then, if you are married, let your loving spouse make a suggestion in a further area. And then, if you have yet to be lifted by a low flying chariot of fire into the Kingdom, consider how you might tenderly help your neighbor in an area where he or she might need correction.
And Yes dear faither- these 10 faith acts, simple and easy (sort of), will change you and your life this new year.
Happy New Year, In the mighty NAME of Jesus.
PREACHING HOUR TV
TUESDAY EVENINGS - 8PM EST
Preaching Hour TV weekly on Cox PATV Channel 15 in Cheshire, Southington and Meriden CT and on VCAM Channel 15 10pm Fridays in Burlington VT.read more...
Tobin Hitt is the founder of the Zion Pentecost Mission. He is open to gospel partnership with all, and identifies with Paul's description of our mission as ambassadors for our king, Jesus, urging all to reconcile with God (2Cor.20-21). He resides in Cheshire, Connecticut.read more...