A Tale of Two Horses (2-14-12)
"Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord. He is trampling out the vintage of where the grapes of wrath are stored." Battle Hymn of Republic per Revelation 19,15
Revelation 19,11:"And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war."
Revelation 6,2: "And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given to him: he went forth conquering and to conquer." (False White Horse of seemingly good wars that don't stop wars but just make more war and higher commodity prices and of seemingly good government promises that slowly take away our freedoms to be left alone and to worship and live as we please.)
Revelation 13,4: "And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast saying 'who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?' "
Revelation 13,15: "And he [the religious beast] had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. 16 And causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or on their foreheads. 17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name."
The recent Washington mandate that all Americans must buy corporate based health insurance (to be heard before the U.S. Supreme Court on March 26) and that all hospitals provide contraception services, or insurers provide it if hospitals object, has slightly roused some of us Christians from our non counter-cultural slumber.
And as politically dismissed as some of us feel these days, the Holy Ghost is reminding me that church-state history proves that the biggest threat to the health of Christians (and other God fearing people of the book), anywhere and in any time, is not governments or particular leaders, but our own faith complacency and our own vast compromise with the politics and culture of the day.
Having said that, as to health care, do we really want U.S. government decrees after backroom conglomerated insurance company deals to determine our health care, and how we live and die?
And now that we are slowly becoming aware of these rather provocative political salvos from Washington (that have clearly revealed the depths of our wordly slumber), perhaps it would be a good time for us to wake up.
And return to a more biblical worldview that doesn't put so much stock in a two party presidential horse race, or the broken promises of grandiose governments.
How about if we start afresh from our slumber, before the election, right now, and come again to serve and honor Jesus more than our reigning class of political elites? Sure get involved in politics, knock yourself out, but remember it will be Jesus, not any politician, who will be riding on the realest white horse ever seen in the end of days (Revelation 19,11 above).
These are days of searching for us Christians, a time for us to become as wise as serpents and as gentle as doves. And to become so it wouldn't hurt if we also had a little sense of humor, a little salt in our speech, even about subjects that are serious and political and involve our cherished freedoms as Christian Americans:
1. The Great Mandator says we all must buy corporate based private health insurance and what if we don't? Well 'wait till your Guarantor of All Things Contraception' gets home;
2. Three meals a day for school kids in Connecticut- and what's to come? Visits from HHS soon to be commissioned Domestic Field Inspector Ms./Mr. Ingratia Pokeytaker: "Are you feeding your child a bed time snack? Have you used your contraception? Have you paid your child support? Are you using your government authorized debit card and eating only what you are allowed? Have you been smoking? Do you know where to get free diapers? Do you have any outstanding warrants";
3. When free market capitalism destroys 8 million jobs (really creatively), there's always sovereign capitalism, like picking four Wall Street banks, and propping them by Fanny and Freddie Mac, and by any means necessary, like bailouts and tax breaks for everyone but the small business person, like mandates to consume this or that, and by all means, debit cards for everyone.
4. All Good Patriot Actors now realize that we have no right to privacy in anything, anywhere, and that is just the way it is, since three weeks after 9/11, and since Al Queda, and since nobody has read the bill, and since airports, and since you know the drill...;"
5. And by the way, people we really don't like have less due process than others, like those occupiers (who just don't know when to dissemble or disassemble), and those tea party folks and all their hostile speech about God given rights and rights not expressly granted to the government being reserved to the people, how dare they speak up, with those big parade hats, and cardigans and their van pooling;
6. Have you heard about the new Washington special interest group (it has an international flair too). I hear it's going to be called "The Chamber of Open Borders." Who is behind it? Oh, just some random corporations- hey they are people too. They soon will be spending billions to tell all the politicians in all the world to forget national sovereignty. Their slogan is "Sovereignty is passe, low wages are here to stay;"
7. Since all wars against terrorism are good and all wars are now about terrorism (besides what's 15 trillion dollars since 2001), and since we have the Federal Reserve and the printing presses, and since we figure to fight behind Sarkozy and Nato and secret drones in the future (congessional approval is quaint don't you know), have some hope, we will be saving money from now on.
8. Hark in the distance, it's December of 2012. I think I see a white horse. Is it Jesus trampling? No, not yet. It seems to be a hobby horse, yes it's Washington rocking our brave new world!
Who is at the mount? The one who wants to sing for us (as if we were in his church, added 8.19.12), or the Great Mandator, or someone else?
It's too soon to say America.
But it's not too soon for us Christians to wake up, and realize which mounted horseman we serve and await.
PREACHING HOUR TV
TUESDAY EVENINGS - 8:30PM EST
Preaching Hour TV weekly on Cox PATV Channel 15 in Cheshire, Southington and Meriden CT and on VCAM Channel 15 10pm Fridays in Burlington VT.read more...
Tobin Hitt is the founder of the Zion Pentecost Mission. He is open to gospel partnership with all, and identifies with Paul's description of our mission as ambassadors for our king, Jesus, urging all to reconcile with God (2Cor.20-21). He resides in Cheshire, Connecticut.read more...